Tuesday, August 28, 2012

for you


My aunt is turning 93 this week.  This is for her birthday.

I used the Less is More challenge  of   3 - 2 - 1 
Here is my recipe:
3 potted plants
2 words
1 glass of wine bow
 
 
I followed the sketch from Retro Sketches - I am really loving the sketches here - you can make them as simple or complex as you'd like.
 
I used the inspiration photo from Just Us Girls for my colors. I love the soothing tones in this picture:
 
Over at CASology the challenge is create a card with the cue word: RELAX.
Gardening is relaxing for me and for my aunt.
 
supplies:
  • stamps - image: Whipper Snapper; sentiment: PTI
  • paper and ribbon: PTI
  • other: color pencils, nestabilities
As always, thanks for looking, and your lovely comments.
And to those of you who have started following my site, thanks so much!

17 comments:

  1. Carol those flowers are very relaxing. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happies to your aunt, what a great age. I'm sure she'll be pleased with this.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Carol! Your colors are so bright and pretty and I love relaxing and watching the flowers grow! Your Aunt will no doubt love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower pots. great color scheme. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, your aunt will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card and lovely colors.
    Awesome with all those challenges you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the glass of wine counts as relaxing, too! (oops, you crossed that out) Such a pretty card - love the bow and the pinks you used. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the glass of wine idea! Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo and the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Love the colors you used together! I'm so envious of you being able to relax while gardening! I've never had a green thumb in my life (can make something wither just by looking at it...), so any kind of gardening tends to make me worry that I'm not doing it right! LOL! Your card is definitely relaxing to look at!!! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card!! you combined all the challenges perfectly! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your aunt! Love the gorgeous coloring on your flowers and the touches of Liquid Pearls. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. many wishes to your auntie
    Pretty card, just lovly
    Thanks very much
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow all the way around, CC! First, happy birthday to auntie! That is an amazing milestone! Second, way to go making a very pretty card that nails all those challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so lovely Carol. I'm amazed that you can keep all those challenges in mind when making a card. You got it goin' on girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go! You've combined some great challenges....LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete