Friday, June 14, 2013

Need for Speed

While "Need for Speed" is the title of the challenge over at Less is More - I apparently was not speedy enough to get my card in before the challenge was over.  Oh well - - my friends will like it anyway.  Our husbands met over some classic car shows (each guy has an old hot rod), and she and I bonded over paper crafting -- she likes to scrapbook, I make cards.  His car is a bright yellow, and her favorite colors are peach and aqua.
This is also for the Transportation Challenge at Simon Says Stamp - which I am in time for :)   I love the eyelashes on the girl car!!
 
While this isn't really a "travel" card, I think perhaps it will qualify for CAS-ual Fridays Mapquest Challenge
 
The car stamps are from Sparkle and Sprinkle - the hearts are from Gina K - I am not sure about the sentiment
 
Thanks for looking -- hope your day and night are going great!
 

10 comments:

  1. What a fun anniversary card! What a hoot. Love the yellow car. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card. I love the images and sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have the stamp. My husband is also into cars and has a 1930 Model A street rod (I think) so he spends money on cars and I spend it on cardmaking. This will be a perfect card for me to make him for #46 next month- our anniversary not his age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love these fun images! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love the embossing, and that sentiment is perfect! :) Thank you for joining us in the "Transport" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling! I love those car images! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cars! You did a great job! Where did you find the stamps? They totally fit my husband.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kaye, the cars are from "Sparkle and Sprinkle". They are in a set. I still see them online.
      thanks for looking!

      Delete
  7. What a terrific card for a car buff. How lovely that you & your DH's car friend's wife have something in common while the guys discuss their car addiction. This made such a wonderful anniversary card. Really well done. TFS

    ReplyDelete