Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Feather Dreams


As some of you are starting to figure out, I enjoy combining challenges.  This card combines the color challenge from Less is More to use blue and green . 
And at Susan at One Layer Wednesday (OLW) would like us to use something from her Pinterest Inspiration board.  I used this picture of feathers .

Make It Monday at Paper Trey Ink (Capture the Moment) is to use ink pads for water coloring. I stamped two of the feathers with black Archival ink (stamped off once to lighten it), and then used my ink pads to water color them. The lighter blue and green feathers were created by using a "mirror" stamp - I inked the feather stamp, and stamped it onto the solid "mirror" stamp, then stamped them onto the card. The details on all the feathers were then water colored with the ink pad.

I used Retro Sketch 23 for the layout.  

 
 
supplies used:
  • all stamps and paper: Paper Trey Ink (PTI)
  • ink: Stampin Up & Archival black
  • lines created with Scor-It
  • Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the "mirror image" feathers (I've had this tool for a few years, but just now starting to enjoy using it!)
I added a bit of glitter to the feathers and the scored lines around the sentiment.  I don't think the camera picks that up too well.
 
Also, if anyone knows how to link up the pictures from a Pinterest board, please teach me how to do that.  (thanks in advance)
After looking at my card again, butterflies would go nicely instead of the feathers (especially with this sentiment).  But hubby and I are going for a drive "out east" today - to a winery, lunch at a restaurant overlooking the water, and perhaps some browsing at antique shops.  So I have a fun day ahead, but no card-making today.

As always, thanks for looking and all your comments.

12 comments:

  1. love those feathers - there's another set I need. No it's OK I've just realised it's the feather from Happy Trails - happy days I have it!!
    Enjoy your day out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Carol, what a great CAS card.
    I love those feathers.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fab - loving the feathers

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this card, and the 'mirroring technique'. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card, Carol. Those feathers look so pretty with watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just spectacular! I love the feathers and the watercolors. Very nice!Hugs Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful CAS card, Carol! Love the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very pretty card; I like all the white space especially.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, Lovely card, love the feathers and the mirror stamping is a great effect.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific card, that sketch is super positioning
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome way to combine all those challenges! When I clicked on your picture, it showed a larger version that let's us see the wonderful sparkle that makes your card extra special!

    ReplyDelete