Saturday, January 2, 2021

No Bones About It!

This is for a friend.  She recently had back surgery that she is still recovering from.  That is why I choose this stamp. I started to create a Get Well card for her. 

But now her son, who lives out-of-state has come down with Covid.  He is really struggling with all kinds of major complications.  He has been hospitalized several times, only to be sent home because the hospital is over-crowded with other Covid patients, and they don't have space for him.  So he is "managing" (if you can call it that) at home, on oxygen, with IV, and visiting nurses. It is a disaster  in action.  

So that explains the inside message.  Here's a peek at the inside, which I hope will raise her spirits just a bit. 

I'm putting this into the TGIF Challenge #297 It's a Color Challenge


Since this is a Never Been Used stamp, I'm putting the card into the NBUS - Never Been Used Schtuff

Products used:
  • Stamps: Stamplistic (BonaLisa); Impression Obsession (No Bones sentiment), Indigo Blu (inside sentiment)
  • Papers: Authentique and Prima 
That's all for today.  Stay well, my friends and followers. 

7 comments:

  1. First of all, Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son, especially right on the heels of her own back surgery, and I hope he turns a corner towards complete healing soon. The stress is not good for her own healing, but I'm sure your amusing card will lift her spirits and be very much appreciated! Happy New Year and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Continue to keep safe and well. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darnell, for your understanding words.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your friend. What a frightening time it must be for her - I remember March trying to get my son home from the UK when Boris was still thinking that herd immunity was a good idea. I'm sure your card will help make her smile (it's a great card and I'm glad I came for a closer look) which will help with her healing and possibly even her son's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun get well card, I'm sure your friend will love it! Thank you for joining us at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! my goodness your friend deserves this card, I hope it will give her some cheer. Your insert is just wonderful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete