Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What Goes Up . . .

 
I am currently taking On Line Card Class - the theme of which is one layer cards.  One of the techniques is layered die cuts.  Woo Hoo!!  I did it!  I cut the balloons, and arranged them on the card.  Then I cut them out one by one, and layered them back into place like a jigsaw puzzle.  This is all one layer. 
 
Now, I cannot really take credit for this design.  I actually saw a similar card in Spring CardMaker magazine by Emily Branch.  Hers was layered, and she used Paper Trey movers and shakers die. 
 
The balloon dies are a mix of Paper Trey and Simon Says Stamp.  The sentiment is from Paper Trey.
 
The balloons and striped paper were all from my scrap paper, so I'm putting this into Hiding in My Scrap Room (I love the name of this blog) -- the challenge is to use scraps.
 
Laurel Craft challenge is "Up in the Air" -- this fits.
 
And at Scrap It Girl the challenge is "Birthday".
 
Finally at Addicted To Stamps  - it is "Anything Goes".
 
This card is really pretty good looking in real life -- I need to put a bow where the ribbons connect, and perhaps some Wink of Stella on the balloons.  But my crafting time has run out.  Those touches will have to wait for another day.  And I want to get this posted.
 
How do the rest of you find time to craft?  My job keeps me so busy!!  When I get home, I'm exhausted -- and my children are all grown and moved out.  But this card was in my brain all day, and I made a point to get it done!!  Yipee!!
 
I will probably put this into the collection of cards I will be mailing to my "baby" sister who is turning 50 later this year.  I am so looking forward to pestering her :)
 
All for now.  Thanks for looking.  I love your comments.  Consider following me too!

14 comments:

  1. This is really clever Carol and you rocked this new technique. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams. We hope that you will join us again very soon. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this class too, but haven't made any cards. I think your take on the inlaid dies if just fantastic. Love that sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining us at ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful balloons I like all of the bright primary colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun loving, cute card. Love the colors. Awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at
    Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Love everything about it, Carol! It is hard to find a balance that allows time to craft and blog, especially if you have a job. You'd think it would be easier for me now that I'm retired, but it isn't. It's still a challenge to juggle it all! I'm glad your card "wanted out" badly enough that you made the time!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card and Great use of your scraps!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those bright, beautiful balloons! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete