Wednesday, April 3, 2024

45th Anniversary !!

Forty-five years ago, Stephen and I got married - the best decision I ever made. He's a car guy, always has been, always will be. When Stampin Up came out with "Trusty Toolbox" paper, I knew I had to find a way to use this. The red and silver stripes looks just like his tool box. 

I used an old Cuttlebug embossing folder to make the silver diamond plate strip.   The sentiment on the black strip is from PTI that I die cut and embossed in white. If your person is from the 70's or 80's they'll recognize this tool box pattern --  I think it's still made today. 

Here's a look at the inside.  I am a terrible decision maker 😃 So I used 3 - each from a different company. 

Challenges:

 Thanks for stopping by to take a look. Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Carol: God's blessings to you and your hubby for many more years together! Way to go! 45 years! Awesome! I think it is a brilliant idea to use multiple sentiments for an anniversary card because there is just too much to a relationship to reduce to a few words. Catering to your husband's love for cars and fixing cars, the toolbox colors and design mimic is a great choice for his card! Thanks for sharing another project at HQCOLCB! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, 45 years is a long time, and makes you happy that the right man came along to make life complete. I know! We've had that Anniversary, it just gets better, I promise. How lovely you made a toolbox card for his hobby, love all the sentiments inside, they all go together beautifully, and with meaning. I'm sure he loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and congratulations on 45 years - we are just behind you on 39 this year and my hubby is also car mad! Love that edge of embossing you did the silver really makes it pop. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete