Saturday, December 16, 2023

Route 66 Christmas

Santa and reindeer acetate overlay from Martha Stewart paper pak

plain acetate overlay - Santa and reindeer unknown stamp set

One of my husband's bucket list trips is to drive Route 66.  We accomplished that this year!  He had his list of must-sees.  I had mine.  And if you know me, you'd know my must-sees included Stamp Stores.  
I found this Village 3 Set in one of the stores along Rt 66.  It totally reminds me of all the old gas stations (some restored, some not) we saw along the way. 
I used a vintage watercolor technique that I learned from Heather Telford's blog. 



I'm adding it to these challenges:

 My Time to Craft : Theme #75 requires usage of items/elements beginning with the letter S. (Santa)

Creatalicious Challenges : Challenge #273 ANYTHING GOES with optional last minute Christmas / New Year

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge : Christmas the Last Stretch

The Male Room : We would like to see your masculine Christmas projects.  


Try it on Tuesday : Santa Claus is coming to town

NBUS: Never been used stuff




Card Ingredients: 

  • Stamps: Anthony's Paper Craft
  • Paper and Santa and reindeer acetate: Martha Stewart (verrry old) 
  • Merry Christmas die: unknown
  • Ink: Vintage Photo to stamp image and colored with dilute water colors
  • Glitter around acetate

Thank you for stopping to take a look.  Have a great holiday. 

12 comments:

  1. A fabulous card
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of you and hubby making his wish come true, Carol! And I love hearing that you actually found brick and mortar stores for you to explore along the way! This card is so reminiscent of days gone past (she says, wiping a tear) and it reminds me of the little town I grew up in which had a gas station just like this ... and it still stands today! No pumps now, but still a working garage. Thank you for the memories and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Christmas Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Darnell! I always enjoy reading your blog.

      Delete
  3. Your watercolour technique is lovely and perfect for this stamp set. Don’t forget to add our challenge graphic to your blog post to be eligible for votes. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I added the graphic to this post :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post Carol, I love your garage and vintage water colouring. What a wonderful trip on Route 66. An iconic Route even for us in the UK. 60's and all that :). I'm here with 2 hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We met many people from other countries enjoying Route 66!

      Delete
  5. heel mooie kaart, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative, thoughtful card! I love the RT66 theme! Thanks for playing along at My Time To Craft Christmas! - DT Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great card, love the theme.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cards Carol - I would love to see those old gas stations - what a great trip. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trip sounds awesome and your cards are so fun and different, great idea. Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas challenge at The Male Room. I hope you will join us in our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete