Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Make a Wish

My daughter-in-law has a fascination for and collection of snails.  So to make her birthday card I started looking at my snail stamps and found it lacking.

I've become fascinated by Lavinia Stamps and their videos.  The finished pieces are so pretty and beautiful. So, I had to get my hands on some, and give it a try.   I was able to get this fairy riding a snail and a few others.  The text stamp has the word "Celestial" in it; and our last name is Celeste!  Perfect!
I followed some of the techniques (alcohol ink on Yupo, and then alcohol ink lift) on this video by Lavinia Stamps.  I don't do their work justice - check out their YouTube videos.  But I had fun playing and I'm pretty sure my daughter-in-law will like her card. 

And into
ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS IT IS A FANTASY CREATION

Here is the inside of the card.  I used one of "lifted" pieces for the inside. 
Supplies:  front side stamps(Lavinia), alcohol inks, alcohol ink lift, yupo paper, Make a Wish die (Impression Obsession), glitter paper

I'll leave you a photo of a sunset from my front door a few weeks ago.  Now that is beautiful!! 
Thanks for visiting.  Stay safe and stay well.  
Until next time. . . 

10 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful creation. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning background! I love this. Thank you for joining us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word "MAGICAL" Thank you for joining us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Fantasy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I love Lavinia stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful I think you did an amazing job on your background, thank you for joining in our challenge at Lavinia world

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't sell yourself short. Your work is amazing I love this. Thanks for playing along with us at The Fairy and The Unicorn Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautifully! Loove it! Thank you for sharing it with us over LWC! Alina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous..and would make a wonderful mini album! So beautiful, Carol! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful birthday card! It looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing at Lavinia World Challenges.

    ReplyDelete