Friday, May 22, 2020

One Flower, Two Flower, Three Flower, Four . . .

I LOVE this stamp set from Gina K / Hero Arts. I actually ended up making a total of 6 different cards with this set.  And I think I have more ideas in my head. :)

But let me get to these cards.
The two end cards were stamped with versamark on light gray cardstock.  Then colored with color pencils. I used the frame dies to cut the outer rectangle and the inner rectangle.  The rectangle pieces are all "inlaid". 

For the center card, I water colored the flowers.  Then I hand cut them for the sketch from The Fusion Card Challenge.

I wish I could take pictures that justify these cards.  Especially the one on the far right.  My hubby truly supports my hobby and dutifully looks at my cards when I show him. But this time, when I showed it to him, he really ooooed and ahhhhhed, and fully examined them.  

Here are two more cards, made in a similar way, but with different colors (dark gray and mauve foil cardstocks).
And of course there is this card that I made for a very dear friend in this blog post.
These cards were inspired by the following challenges:

Twofer
 
Fusion Card Challenge -  I am following the sketch



Supplies: 

  • Stamp set- flower: Friendship Blooms by Hero Arts and Gina K, sentiment: unknown
  • Watercolor - Altenew
  • Color Pencils - Prisma
  • Cardstock - PTI, foil cardstocks: Tim Holtz (rose gold) & unknown mauve
  • Dies: frames: Heffy Doodle; sentiment: Impression Obsession
Until next time.  Thanks for looking.
Stay safe and stay well.

6 comments:

  1. Your floral cards are all so beautiful! So glad you were able to play along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful set of cards! Those flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous floral image, bursting with petals! I can see why you love it, Carol, and you did an amazing job of getting your money's worth and making awesome cards to work in many challenges! Each one is a beautiful design and your coloring is superb! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care and keep safe. (Great to see you!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning flowers and you've colored them beautifully! I love how you stamped the full panel then cut out the center rectangle. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How beautiful! such an elegant look. The inlaid die technique is the icing on the cake. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really elegant cards, Carol! I love how you colored the flowers and your color palette is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete