Friday, July 10, 2015

Skating Birthday

This is for niece #6's birthday.  She lives in upstate NY and is an avid skater.  

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday --  The center is a shaker - I made it round to better fit my sentiment - which is from Hero Arts.

The colors and bling factor were inspired by this Runway Challenge and by the Verve Inspirational Challenge - Stripes  - for both the stripes and the color combination. 


I've had this Stampin Up paper, quite a while, and never really used it.  I thought it would go well with the skating theme.  I love the bling-y feeling to this paper.   I die cut the skate from a die set by Carte Bella.  

Thanks so much for looking.  I hope you are feeling "cool" today.

3 comments:

  1. Such a darling card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Carol! Love the shaker element. Great take on Runway Inspired Challenge. Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included a shaker- this card is so much fun!

    I noticed that you are from West Sayville- I grew up on Long Island (Lake Ronkonkoma), and used to teach in the Sayville Public School system!

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete