Friday, April 18, 2014

Leibster Award


I am so happy to honored by Linda of Lins craft corner for the Liebster Award.  You need to really check out her blog -- she has some GREAT CARDS creations!

Now, I've never heard about the Liebster Award.  Linda gives this information on her blog. 

"Basically, it is about paying it forward and giving honor to those who have taken the plunge in this world of blogland, have a small following, and maybe I have helped to give you some new visitors to your blog and thereby, giving you more opportunities to check out others and learn from them!   
You can read all about the Liebster Award Here. "

Here are the rules for the nomination:
1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
2. Answer the questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 5 - 11 of your favorite blogs with under 200 followers and ask your own  questions.
4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Blog nomination on their blog (leave a comment and link back to your Liebster Blog post).    

Linda has asked the following questions (and here are my answers):
  1. How long have you been making cards?  I started making cards in 2008 -- I have an old gallery on Splitcoast Stampers -- before that, I had been scrapbooking -- I believe that started about 2005. 
  2. When did you start blogging? I started blogging alamost 2 years ago -- summer 2012
  3. What are your favorite color combinations? I don't think I have a favorite.
  4. Who is your favorite Card Designer?  Jennifer McGuire - I love her cards and video tutorials.  I also love Susan Raihala at Simplicity.  I love her One-layer cards -- I am amazed at the simple beauty of her cards.
  5. What do you do with all of the cards you make? ummmm -- do I really have to admit this?  I do make many One-of-a-kind - for special people and events.  So I do send/give them.  But I also often make a second one of the same design and "stash" it. 
  6. What are your favorite kinds of stamps:  flowers, geometric symbols, backgrounds, etc? I don't really have a favorite -- Probably images (not flowers) if I had to pick --
  7. What style of cards do you make?  CAS, Layered, Shabby Chic, etc? I think my card style is layered -- I've been trying the one layer challenges -- then I usually cut the front off, shorten it a bit and layer it onto another card.  Sorry to all the great one-layer card -makers
  8. What challenges do you enter? A great variety -- sketches and color combos -- I am not choosey - I look for what sketch and colors fit the type of card I need to make for an upcoming event.  

I'd like to offer this award to the following card-making blogs.  Please take a look.  These ladies make some amazing cards!
1. Donna at Crafting by the Seashore
2. Carole at Caroles Creative Critters
3. Lucille at White Points
4. Traci at Depleting the Stash
5. Gabriela at Scrappy Gabby

If you choose to accept this award, feel free to answer these questions:

1. When and why did you start paper crafting?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What was your best or favorite blog post or card ?
4. If you could only follow 2-3 blogs, what would they be?
5. Are you as addicted to this hobby as I am?  (I could eat, sleep, and shop this hobby all day -- but alas, I have to work :)
6. What else would you like your followers to know about you or your craft?

And if you accept, please pass it along! 
Thanks so much for looking.  I love your comments, and am thrilled to have my loyal followers. 
Have a great Easter (for those of you celebrating)



3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Carol, and congratulations on your Liebster award!!!

    And shhhh! I promise not to tell anyone about the layering. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, so glad that you have accepted the Leibster Award and passed it forward to the five talented ladies you have chosen. That is funny about your one layer cards that you create for challenges and then use on your layered card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol...but no thanks...I appreciate the offer and I received it a few years back and found it time consuming. Best of luck. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete