Monday, February 3, 2014

PTI Make It Monday Snow Day


yippee for snow days -- not so nice to shovel -- but it gave me some time to play!
Here in the northeast, we are getting some more snow -- about 5-10 inches - of the thick heavy stuff.  I don't mind too much.  My dear hubby will use his mega-snowblower -- then I just trim out the walks and steps -- but we do several neighbors, as many are elderly (not that we are spring chickens, either!) so it will take some time.

I found these gorgeous colors at Color Throwdown and used this sketch from Clean and Simple (sort of -- I took a few liberties).
 
 
Since this snow-day is on a Monday, I got to play with Paper Trey Ink Make-it-Monday which is drop-shadow die cuts.
I made this for my sister . . .
 
anyway here is the list of supplies:
  • pattern paper and small butterfly punch : Stampin Up
  • pink cardstock, other butterflies and sentiment : Paper Trey Ink. The sentiment is actually part of a larger stamp -- I'll use the other part for the inside of the card.
  • some black embossing powder, pearls (some colored with Copic)
  • and done!
Thanks for looking -- now out to shovel some snow!
Oh- here is a pix of the most marvelous man in the world!  Hope you are having a bright and sunny day. 

7 comments:

  1. Love your card! Is the tag from a stamp or patterned paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it. The tag is made from Stampin Up pattern paper - I think the die is from My Favorite Things. The sentiment on it is from PTI.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card! And I envy the snow. We are in a drought, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I love the butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you angled your sentiment! Great job! Oh, and give that guy of yours a big hug...it looks like he deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty butterflies and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete