Saturday, February 11, 2017

vintage watercolor flowers


I stamped and colored this image a while ago when I got together with crafty friends. So I'm not sure, but it may qualify for Pixie's Snippet Playground

The main image is from Technique Tuesday.  The script on the right is from ??  The "chicken wire" is from Prima (I think).  The sentiment and papers are from PaperTreyInk

We emulated this post from  Heather Telford She calls it Vintage Watercoloring.  I also used Vintage Photo distress ink and watercolor pencils.

So I am also putting this into Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

I never made it into a card . . . until  . . . 2 snow days in a row  . . . attached to a weekend -- a teacher's dream!  And a crafter's dream - time to create!
So I looked for a sketch that would compliment the image  and found this:
Case This Sketch

I'm also placing this into Vintage Journey February's challenge is Words that are Special  I think the sentiment speaks for itself.  

I pulled the background colors from the image, focusing on these colors from the Chocolate Baroque Challenge 

That's all for now.  My daughter-in-law invited for a day out with her mom, to visit some local wineries!  So I'm out of here!  Woop Woop.  
Hope you are all doing well.  And thanks for looking.  

12 comments:

  1. Lovely vintage watercoloring, Carol. Beautiful flowers and design. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotted your lovely card over at Pixie's Snippets Playground Carol. I love the background and the flowers. Just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, so elegant and peaceful, perfect for a sympathy card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, really dreamy! Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even little snippets count in the Snippets Playground . . . so I'm sure this lovely card will qualify.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol, a lovely card, great technique, and lovely design. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. We have a new challenge starting next week, so hope to see you back again, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol! Yes, this counts as a snippets entry - beuatiful too! Welcome to the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project and colouring. Love the vintage watercolour effect. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vintage watercoloring is quite beautiful! I tried it a while ago when Heather first shared the technique. It was really fun. You got really lovely results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! Truly a work of art. The subdued vintage colours are perfect for a sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at the HLS Watercolor Challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Thanks for submitting with Crazy 4 Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete