Wednesday, March 9, 2016

In a Galaxy Far Far Away




At Shopping our Stash Weekly the theme is "In a Galaxy Far Far Away".  I just stumbled upon this blog.  And I love the way they the challenges encourage you with some unusual topics.

To create the background, I used Color Bursts and Brusho (black).  I sprinkled some powder around and the spritzed with water.  It is a really cool technique, as no 2 backgrounds will be exactly alike.  Very pretty!

The stamps from Neat and Tangled (Time Warp and A Long Time Ago) were embossed in white.  I used a stencil (Simon Says Stamp - falling stars) to add some small gold stars.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to make your own background.

I am also putting this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #6 - where I finally got to use all these never been used before goodies on this card.  And where I finally got to enter one of her challenges.  Darnell has a great blog, if you've never been - try it!

Busy busy - I feel like the rabbit that keeps going, and never stops.  
So, I Gotta go - thanks for taking a peek! 

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "In A Galaxy Far Far Away" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your background is amazing...thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing background...you've really captured the look of the galaxy and it has a real Star Wars feel about it! Love it!!

    Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh--that is BEYOND AWESOME! what an amazing background, it totally "sells" the brilliant sentiment! :) :) :) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your card! That background is amazing, and the sentiments are perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, Carol, this is one of the most vibrant backgrounds I've ever seen using the Brushos and Color Bursts! It makes a fascinating galaxy!! Thank you so much for your kind words and for finally getting a chance to play in one of my NBUS Challenges! I apologize for taking so long to come by and thank you. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow, wow this is one amazing card.. I am not kidding this is well.... amazing!! I truly don't have anymore words then just WOW! thank you so much for sharing your talent and this card... Wow!
    Cyber Hugs,
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Love how you created the galaxy with Brusho!

    ReplyDelete