Monday, July 20, 2015

Twenty-One

This is for Niece #4 (of 6).  She is turning 21 next week.  Where has the time gone?  I had selected a card from my stash for her birthday - a mermaid card, more for a child.  My mom reminded me how old she will be, and I had to come up with a new idea.  Now, I'm not sure how her mother will react to this card . . . :)  
But turning 21 and being able to drink  . . . well I thought this would be more appropriate.  

I needed this card and fast -- it has to be mailed.  So I found this sketch:
Sweet Sunday Sketch

And this color challenge:  Just Us Girls color challenge.  My niece is a red-head (ginger), so I thought these colors would be good for her card.
The stamp is from Totally Stampalicious (now out of business), but available as a digital image on bugaboo stamps.  I colored the image with Copics; and added some crystal effects to the glasses (wine and eye).  The pattern paper (including the numbers) is from My Mind's Eye.
PS -- I did color her eye before I mailed it, but didn't have time to do another photo.

Thanks so much for looking.  I hope you are enjoying your day -- all this coloring of wine . . . now I'm off to  . . .  well you know.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card....love the image. Happy Birthday to your niece. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete