Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day


It is right around the corner -- I bought some corned beef today for a family dinner next Sunday!  I personally don't care for it too much, but everyone else does!!  Oh, and the mustard  . . . according to my hubby it's all about the mustard.  This is one time he likes to go food shopping -- down the mustard aisle!!  And he picks up about 3 jars of different ones -- Heaven forbid we don't have the meat to mustard ratio correct  :)

Anyway -- about the card.

I used one of those foam shapes they sell for children to decorate.  And I traced it onto some plastic, cut it  out and voila  . . . a home made stencil.  I pulled out all my $1 sets from years ago and puzzle pieced them into the shape.  Before taking off the stencil, I sponged some ink around the edges -- and done!

I'm putting this into the following challenges:

1. One Layer Simplicity - words-words-words.html - you can't use any image stamps --

2. Curtain Call Challenge - LUCKY 

I am thrilled that you selected my card as one of your show stoppers.  Thanks so much!

3. Happy Little Stampers - CAS - sponging


4. Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - "just a hint of clover"
and last but not least
5. Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - I love their name!  The challenge is:

After looking at the card again, I may go back and add some sequins  . . . gold perhaps, and wink of Stella too.  Every card needs something shiny!

Happy Saint Patrick's day to you.  May you always have good luck!

15 comments:

  1. What is it with husbands and mustard??? Mine is the same!!! LOL
    Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "L is for Leprechaun" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love corned beef done in the slow cooker and definitely with a yummy mustard white sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job making your own stencil. Love the collage of irish sayings. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love corned beef and mustard, WTG making your own stencil awesome card, sequins would be cute on it. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the L is for leprechaun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! love the words in the big clover! So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great St Pat's card. Love the sponging of the clover! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooooo cute. love the graphic feel of this and the wonderful stencil your created. thanks for playing with us at curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'm thinking rueben sandwiches when I think of corned beef. You've gone and made me hungry! I like the way you have put this card together and fit all those sentiments. Thanks for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card Carol. Love how you stamped the words inside the shamrock. The soft sponging is amazing around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you for making your own stencil! This is such an awesome card! And what is it with husbands and mustard?! LOL! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you made this card! I may just have to keep this in mind for next year. (Since I've already got two more than I really need for this year!) Great stencilling, stamping and sponging. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For my Mister it's all about the mustard, too! Your card is fabulous and Irish to the max, Carol! Congratulations on being a Showstopper at the Curtain Call!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete