My son is asking his lady to marry him. I hope she says, "Yes!" She has a small collection of snails -- not real ones - garden ornaments mostly. She and my son also have a fist bump, that turns into a snail of sorts.
This is for them.
I recently took an online card class, Stretch your Stamps 2. The teachers of this class offer amazing ways to really use the products you already have (at least I have -- as I am a bit obsessive about collecting products) :)
One of the techniques is using your sentiment stamps with a stencil. I used that technique here. Now, I don't have a stencil of a hill or clouds. But I do have cloud dies, so I used one to cut a cloud out a piece of hard plastic packaging. And I free hand cut the hill out of the same material. Then I use these as my mask; to stamp the sentiment and sponge around the cut-outs to give more definition to the shape.
The hearts stencil is from Heidi Swapp. The snails are from Outlines stamps; a company that is now, sadly, out of business. The sentiment is from a Paper Trey Ink set.
I watercolored the snails with distress inks, then used Wink of Stella for some sparkle. I used crystal effects on top of both shells to give them a smooth shell-like feel. I think you can see it in this close-up.
I am putting this into the following challenges:
1. Less is More - the theme is "Animal"
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Anything Goes"
4. Clear it out Challenge - Anything Goes, Just use your Stash. Since the snail stamps are quite old, I think this qualifies! I didn't buy anything extra for this card (I do have a lot of "stash".
5. Try it on Tuesday - Use your Stash! I also found the heart-shaped crystal floating around . . . and only one! Perfect!
6. Crazy Challenge - Cute Little Animals. Don't you just love the eyelashes on the girl snail. I drew them on, they are not on the stamp.
7. All Sorts Challenge - use Masking and/or Stenciling. In addition to the hand-made stencils, I also masked the snails, so they would be place better on the hills.
Thanks so much for looking and taking your time to leave a comment. I love reading them.
Have a great day!