Saturday, January 18, 2014

Make a Wish

I needed a card-making day -- you know the feeling?  Just some peace and quiet, some paper and ink.  So I looked around the challenge websites to see what might make me happy. 

I've been wanting to try the One Layer Simplicity Challenge #1 to "restock the shelves".  I absolutely LOVE the cards the ladies create for this challenge. They are beautiful.  And I try . . .  but they just feel  . . . naked to me.  So I hunted for inspiration, and came across CASE Study Challenge #174.  I choose the colors from Dynamic Duos  .  There is another one-layer challenge going on at Little Tangles . They have some really great stamps and cards created with them -- check it out!



I used distress inks to create the background - white embossed the first sentiment, then just used black ink for the other part.  Some dewdrops (remember them) for the sparkle. 

This made me happy -- Now I think I'll try another. 

Thank you for stopping by! 
Hope you are having a happy day, too.

11 comments:

  1. what a fun card! thanks for playing along with the little tangles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me happy, too! Love how simple yet fun your card is! Thanks for joining Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love your colors! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors on this card and the dew drops add such a great touch. I am going to check out the links for your stamps, I see several I really like, oh, I love the saying on your card as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love the details! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sentiment gave me quite a giggle:). I like your inked bg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! And I love the sentiment -- cracked me up! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! And I love the sentiment -- cracked me up! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing naked about this card! What fabulous use of embellishments here...balanced and oh so fun!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Carol. Love your drewdrops. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete